Imagine being involved in an accident that you didn’t know would occur. Whether it is a car accident, physical accident or any other external accident that ends up causing body injuries. Personal accident Insurance becomes of importance in such scenarios in that it will provide you with monetary compensation.
The major reasons as to why you need Personal Accident Insurance include:
1. Accidental death benefit.- This is among the major reasons of having an accidental insurance in that the policy provides compensation up to 100% sum insured incase an accident leads to the policy holder’s death or disability. In case of death the policyholder, the compensation is received by the family.
2. Permanent Total disability- Personal Accident Insurance covers the bodily injury that totally and absolutely prevents you from engaging in any kind of occupation. The total disability such as loss of limbs is covered with the payout of 100% of sum insured. Medical emergencies and loss of income lead to the financial crisis but this policy serves you in such dark faces and fosters financial stability against the financial blow of unexpected occurrences.
3. Temporary Total Disability – The bodily injury that results in total, irrevocable, absolute and continuous loss of or impairment of a body part or a sensory organ is also covered under the accidental Insurance policy. If the policyholder loses e.g. a limb, he /she can file the accidental insurance claim and the policy will compensate for this loss subject to some sub-limit.
4. Medical expenses as a result of an accident- Apart from hospital bills and medical treatment, personal accident the insurance policy covers other expenses such as ambulance charges, repatriation charges and incase of death even the funeral expenses are settled within 48 hours.
5. This insurance also has other additional benefits where it covers purchase of artificial appliances such as crutches, it offers free trauma counseling upto Kshs 10,000/= and physiotherapy expenses up to Kshs 10,000/=
Personal Accident Insurance covers people who are between the ages of 18 and 65 years. Persons below 18 years can only enjoy cover under their parents/guardian’s policy. We cover children below 5 years for road risks only.